sexta-feira, 4 de março de 2011

Friendship

What does friendship mean for you? Have you really thought about this?

There are some blues moments that make me think about.

There was a Roman philosopher called Cicero who believed that in order to have a true friendship with someone, you must have complete honesty, truth and trust.

But now-a-days, with a lot of “virtual friends”, “virtual life”, can we really have all this feeling really? Or the real friendships are dying?

And about our “real” friends, what should we think about them?

I don’t know about you, but I feel so sad when I trust my life to a friend, my secrets and my feelings for him and suddenly I discover that our friendship is not worth as much as I thought. Or those people that are always lying to you, I think they lie so much that they believe in their own lies and they live in a world of lies and illusion. Poor people, they don’t know the expression “lie has short legs”.

But it’s ok. Probably this kind of “friend” never will understand the real meaning of this feeling and I hope I’m wrong, but these people will never have friends.

But I didn’t want to write this text because of these bad times that we all have some time, after all, on the other hand there is a lot of people which we can call friends and about these people I want to write.

I don’t think people must have the same thinking, feeling, ideas, perceptions, kind of life or any other same things to be real friends. Me for example, I have some extreme by different kinds of real friends and it makes me feel so good, because it make me understand that we can “walk” for all kind of tribes and make all kind of real friends that we want. We simply need to have a real feeling for ourselves and for others. I realize that while I’m thinking about my friends, I have a friend living in a big city in Ireland, between tall buildings, traffic jams and people from all over the world; the same way I have other friend living in a small city, with his wife and his soft life, or other friend lives in a farm riding a bull, or other one that has Hare Krishna and he knows everything about Philosophy. I have the same feeling for all this guys. In others words, if you have a true heart without interest, you can be friends with people you have never imagined.

And about those people who pass in our life very fast, for a week or just for a day, and they become a friends that seem to have always known you.

I don’t think there is a formula for two people is friendship, it just happens. No matter what kind of friendship it is, if it’s between two men, two women, between a man and a woman, between father and son or between two brothers/sisters. In my perception this feeling is the same in every kind of relationship.

Once I heard a phrase that said “Nostalgia is a good feeling that remains”, so I began to think about everybody that I miss and I understood this expression. I realized that true friendships stay with us for the rest of our lives, no matter how long or how far away we are from our real friends.

I’d like to share a video with you as a proof of friendship.


Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário